Canon EF 75-300Mm F/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Focal length: 75-300mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:4-5.6
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 9 groups
- Closest focusing distance: 4.9 feet
- Zoom system: Rotating type
- for Canon SLR Cameras Canon EOS 7D, 60D, EOS Rebel SL1, T1I, T2I, T3, T3I, T4I, T5I, XS, Xsi, XT, Xti Digital SLR Cameras
The most affordable of Canonís long telephoto zooms, this lens is excellent for subjects from portraits to wildlife and nature. It shares the same 13-element optical system as the 75-300mm USM lens, but uses a DC motor for autofocus. Close-focusing down to 4.9 feet (1.5m) allows filling the frame (at 300mm) with a subject the size of a dollar bill, and itís compatible with the Canon 58mm Close-up lens 500D for even more spectacular shots of small objects. Isolate the Interesting Part The eye tends to see the whole rather than the individual parts. It also sees whatís near and not whatís far. By bringing attention to those things missed by the eye, you can create many interesting pictures. It could be the grimace of an athlete, the grill of a classic car, or a girl against a blurred background. Telephoto lenses can also compress images to give dramatic effects. You are limited only by your imagination.